How to Reboot the iPad
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. (This is the button shown in the diagram above.)
- The iPad will prompt you to slide a button to power off the iPad. Follow the directions on the screen by sliding the button from the left side to the right to reboot the iPad.
- If the iPad is frozen or stuck, hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. This will force the iPad to power down.
- The iPad screen will display the circle of dashes which indicates it is busy. Once the iPad has finished shutting down completely, the screen will go completely black.
- Once the iPad's screen is completely black, hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. This will allow you to restart the iPad.
- When the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen, you can release the Sleep/Wake button. The iPad will restart shortly after the logo appears.